Followers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bang Bang Stories Taking A Break

Well, I think perhaps I have written enough about murder and mayhem for awhile, so I am going to try something different, once I think of it. So stand by for more prosaic, less hard core, writing.

I am a lover of hard news but what are you going to do? A writer must be versatile.

For a while, I will be writing thoughts and impressions and things I see.

For instance, did you know that in Temecula, Ca., a resident can lap swim in a heated pool for $1 a day?

Did you know that the YMCA will give scholarships for their gym and other services to those with fixed or low incomes?

And did you know that area churches actually give food boxes and bags to people who are a little down on their luck?

I know, because I found myself abruptly laid off recently and have had to make some changes.

Oh, I can still take care of myself, but things like gym memberships, eating out (sushi was my favorite) and splurging on a treat for myself are things of the past.

But having insurance, food and a roof over my head are still possible and for that I am grateful.

I am also grateful for the willingness of people to share their information on community resources with everyone else.

So as I find out about resources and hear people's stories, I will be writing about them here.

Let's get back to the community and the good people. Screw the bad guys, they get plenty of play in print.

Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment